Subscribe Twitter

How Do I Love Thee Body, Let Me Count the Ways...

Wednesday, October 19, 2011
Today is Love Your Body Day! 

Love Your Body Day is sponsored by NOW Foundation and today I am participating in the NOW Foundation's Love Your Body Day Blog Carnival...

How Do I Love Thee Body, Let Me Count the Ways....

I am a 50 something menopausal women who just happens to love her body just the way it is...my body is not perfect, nor is it suppose to be.

I do not want to have a cookie cutter figure...


I'm an apple and that's OK!

 My body is not a size 0..I am a size 22 and that's OK!


I am not pretzel thin and that's OK!

My body is beautiful just the way it is and that's OK!

With me...what you see is what you get...
I don't have to be a super-thin super model
I don't have to weigh 95 pounds soaking wet
I don't have to lose weight to please others

I am woman, hear me roar...
I love my body and I will not be
ignored!

Remember... your beauty is not what you are, but who you are....


Disclosure: "This post is part of the 2011 Love Your Body Day Blog Carnival"

If you're on Twitter, you can follow NationalNOW and use the hashtag #lybd to talk about Love Your Body Day and the things you are doing to celebrate! You can also find NOW on Facebook, where we also have a Love Your Body Cause. 

7 comments:

  1. Nekky said...:

    I love this post Debra, your body will thank you for appreciating and loving it so much.

  1. Nadine Feldman said...:

    Yay! Great post! It's great to be part of such a worthy cause -- thank you for bringing it to my attention.

  1. Beverly Diehl said...:

    Awesome! My body is strong and healthy and beautiful, even if I'll never be on the cover of Cosmopolitan (and really, would I want to be?)

    Love this, love you, rock on!

    Okay, how's this for irony - my word verify came up as "portly" I kid you not!

  1. WOW what a great post! I look forward to the day when I can say what you have. I love the "remember your beauty is not what you are, but who you are..."

  1. Brenda said...:

    I am with Bev, I am strong. I walk and walk and walk, and still I have curves. I still have the odd moment, but I agree, we gotta love all of ourselves.

  1. Sherry Jones said...:

    Apples are awesome! Thanks for this lighthearted post reminding us all not to take ourselves too seriously.

  1. Tammy said...:

    Debra, I'm loving this post. Not so much my body, but I'm working on it. Very nicely said and fun to read. Thanks for sharing.
    http://www.wittywomanwriting.com/blog/

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by. Have a humor-filled day!