Posted by Debra Ann Elliott at 7:34 AM Tuesday, December 27, 2011
Today I turned 51.Wow! I can't believe I made it this far. Where has my life gone? To hell in a hand basket? Down the drain? Up a river without a paddle? Over the hill and through the woods?
I try to recall my life in one word, but I can't sum it up. I'm thankful just to be alive for one more day. I grateful to be sitting here and able to do the things I enjoy.
So when I blow out the candles on my cake my wish will be I survive another year in tact, with my wits about me, all my original body parts and make it to fifty-two!
Happy birthday to me!
Posted by Debra Ann Elliott at 7:11 AM Friday, December 2, 2011
Join author Beth Aldrich, as she joins other moms in their love affair with food to look and feel fabulous. It's an affair of a lifetime. Real Moms really DO love to eat!
Posted by Debra Ann Elliott at 3:14 PM Thursday, December 1, 2011
IT'S A PARTY!
Mix things up this holiday season with Chex Party Mix-Change.
Tired of the same old boring cooking exchange? Why not mix it up with Chex Party Mix...
Invite a few friends over and go wild with delicious holiday recipes. Your guests will go wild with excitement.
- Original Chex Party Mix - A tried and true classic of many holiday gatherings.
- Chex PB & Chocolate Blast - Is there really a better combination than peanut butter and chocolate? Yes, when Chex cereal is added!
- Chex Pumpkin Pie Crunch - Mix things up and try this mouthwatering alternative to the beloved holiday pie.
- Hot Buttered Yum Chex Mix - A combination of cinnamon, brown sugar, honey and marshmallows blend effortlessly together in a crazy-delicious, gluten free crunchy mix.
- Chex Caramel Chocolate Drizzles - Melted chocolate, chewy caramel and a delightful crunch carry this gluten-free party mix recipe from microwave to table in 15 minutes.
My crew tried all these great recipes, but our favorite is....
Christmas Candy Crunch
2 boxes Chex Cereal
2 bags red and green M & M's
2 bags white candied coated pretzels
decorating sprinkles to taste
Mix together and enjoy.
Get festive with your Chex Party Mix and be creative. We used Christmas decorated cello goodie bags, plastic red & green candy canes and red tinsel shreds. Then packaged the treats inside individual boxes. You can also decorate the outside of the boxes with holiday stickers.
Need some ideas: DIY packaging
For a chance to win your own prize pack which contains:
2 boxes of Chex cereal to create Chex Party Mix recipes5 featured Chex Party Mix recipes
10 takeout containers so your guests can take their Chex Party Mix to-go
$20 gift card to purchase recipe ingredients and decorating supplies
Leave a comment and tell me how you party with Chex Party Mix. Be sure to leave your email address. Contest ends Dec. 15th. US only.
"Disclosure: The Chex Party Mix-Change product, information, and giveaway have been provided by Chex through MyBlogSpark."