Subscribe Twitter

Pain, Pain Go Away.....Daily Living With Chronic Pain

Wednesday, February 22, 2012
Pain, pain go away...I want to go out to play. This ditty is a far cry of the childhood ditty 'rain, rain go away' the staple childhood melody I used to chant to make the rain go away so I could play. Those childhood raindrops have been replaced by adult thunderstorms; thunderstorms of chronic pain.

I no longer go outside to play. Chronic pain is my new best friend and my days are now filled with thunderstorms instead of blue skies and rainbows.

I struggle daily to cope with my pain. It's not an easy task, but one I live with. Chronic pain is a debilitator. I suffer from autoimmune disease and some days are better than others, but even my good days are debilitating.

Since the onset of my chronic pain I've learned quite a lot of information and how to live daily with the pain.


Chronic pain will STEAL...

Thunderstorms...that's what living with chronic pain feels like. I feel as if I am living in the middle of one big hurricane and its name is Hurricane Chronic Pain!
Chronic pain will steal your joy. It will still your life if you let it! The activities I once enjoyed are no longer possible. The energy I once had is null and void. Sleep is non-existent and my mood(well, let's just say stay away when I have a flair up).

Activities, energy, sleep and mood are all things in my life chronic pain has stolen from me. I found I had no willpower to fight against this enemy who stole my life and replaced it with an empty shell. There are days when I feel useless, like my body has a mind of its own and out of control. I question whether I can really cope with this thing called chronic pain? Can I deal with the agony of painful joints, aching muscles, throbbing headaches and endless battles I will face everyday?  Do I just chill out and learn to live with my disease and the chronic pain?

Chronic pain is REAL...

Chronic pain is not all in my head. It's not something I can sweep under the rug or throw out with the bath water. Chronic pain is something I have to learn to deal with daily. Because I suffer from autoimmune disease I can't take pain relievers(OTC or prescribed). How then do I cope? I kneel!

Prayer gets me through my daily struggle with chronic pain. He stilled the storm to a whisper; the waves of the sea were hushed. Psalm 107:29. Without my faith, the chronic pain would envelope my body, mind and soul. I'm not saying I don't still suffer. I DO! Will I ever be healed from the agonizing pain I suffer? I don't know the answer, but I do know this... the Lord  comforts me in all my days. He is my rock and fortress when my pain becomes unbearable.


Even on a good day, chronic pain is at its worse...




This blog post is part of "Reflections of Living With Chronic Illness" link party hosted by Rest Ministries. Be sure to stop by and read more about chronic pain or submit your own story.


Rest Ministries chronic illness support featured site

8 comments:

  1. KatieC said...:

    I love the name of your blog! And I'm saying a prayer for you.

  1. lisa said...:

    So happy to connect with you via the link party. Very cute blog and I can relate with much of this post. Keep up the great writing.

  1. Diane Carlisle said...:

    I'll pray each day for your pain to be less than the previous. Bless you!

  1. Jaime Sanders said...:

    Thank you for stopping by my blog post and I just loved what you wrote! I'll keep you in my prayers that your level of pain decreases.

  1. shelly said...:

    I understand where you're coming from. I have chronic fatigue from Hashimotos and Epstien-Barr. There are days I can' move or have to reserve my energy to work. It's a royal pain. And there are also the nights I'm sooo fatigued I can't sleep a wink.

    I'll keep you in my thoughts.

  1. Diane said...:

    Prayer. Sometimes the only thing to cling to . . .

  1. I can't imagine what that's got to be like for you. It seems you've got quite a bit of support here.

  1. Nikki Smith said...:

    Great post! Thanks for stopping by my blog from the link party :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by. Have a humor-filled day!