Subscribe Twitter

Knick-Knack Paddywhack Give a Crone a Bone

Saturday, March 17, 2012
Disclaimer: It is not my intention to make fun of older women. I am a post-menopausal woman who uses a little humor to get a message across. No crones were hurt in the making of this blog post.


This old crone she fell down, she fell down and broke her hip.
Knick-knack paddywhack give a crone a bone...
this old crone came skating home.

This old crone she fell down, she fell down and broke her knee.
Knick-knack paddywhack give a crone a bone...
this old crone came running home.

Hip and knee replacements are nothing to laugh about and neither is osteoporosis and menopause.

Women over the age of 50 have the greatest risk of developing osteoporosis. In fact, women are four times more likely than men to develop osteoporosis. Women's lighter, thinner bones and longer life spans account for some of the reasons why they are at a higher risk for osteoporosis.

How Is Osteoporosis Related to Menopause?

There is a direct relationship between the lack of estrogen during perimenopause and menopause and the development of osteoporosis. Early menopause (before age 40) and any prolonged periods in which hormone levels are low and menstrual periods are absent or infrequent can cause loss of bone mass.


Protect those brittle bones and play it safe.

It's your hips and knees. Don't be an old crone, protect them there bones....

4 comments:

  1. I don't think osteoporosis had anything to do with my knee. By the way, you're not supposed to run or jump on a replaced knee--they're never the same as a natural one--but then the one I had was nothing but trouble since 9th grade.

  1. Diane Carlisle said...:

    Thanks for the reminder to take my daily vitamins and calcium! :)

    My husband lost 20% of his Achilles's tendon to cancer and now he can't run anymore. But, he gets on the elliptical machine and burns about 700 calories a day.

    I think older people are more determined to be healthy than ever before.

  1. My late brother's mother-in-law had problems with it.

  1. I take my calcium every day, hoping to stave off osteoporosis!
    Your blog is cute! As a 47 year old woman who is fast approaching change of life, I can relate!
    Take care,
    Lisa
    www.lisagradessweinstein.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by. Have a humor-filled day!