Subscribe Twitter

5 Dinner Guests

Thursday, April 19, 2012
Today's HAWMC prompt:5 Dinner Guests. Who are 5 people you’d love to have dinner with (living or deceased) and why?

My dinner guest list would consist of these five people: Khalil Gibran, Henry David Thoreau, Jesus, and my parents.

You're probably wondering why I chose these five people. I chose Khalil Gibran and Henry David Thoreau because I am a writer and they are two of my favorite writers. I would have Gibran read from The Prophet. I love the philosophy of Gibran. Why Thoreau? He was also a very philosophical man. I would listen for hours as he read Walden. I would love to invite my dinner guest to Walden Pond. I can hear the dinner conversation between the two philosophers about the world in which we live in today.

Why Jesus? I am a Christian and feel I can't serve a dinner without His presence. He would be the light that would shine at the dinner table. He would be the teacher.

My parents are both gone and I would love to have one last dinner with them. My table would be decorated in yellow's and purple's. I would serve their favorite food's(making sure not to offend my other guests').

I guess the one of the main reasons I chose the dinner guest I did is because I love to talk religion and politics.

1 comments:

  1. My grandparents on my mother's side, Edmund Hilary, General John Buford, and Billie Holiday.

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by. Have a humor-filled day!