Subscribe Twitter

Building Blocks

Thursday, April 5, 2012
0003 LEGO Brand Retail Store - Angle by fbtb
Today's HAWMC prompt: Ekphrasis Post. Go to flickr.com/explore and write a post inspired by the image. Can you link it to your health focus? Don’t forget to post the image!


Today's challenge prompt is a "real" challenge for me. How can I link my health focus to Lego's? 


My eight year old grandson loves to build things with Lego's. I don't like Lego's because they are tiny and easy to get lost. I guess Lego's are kind of like my health issues. 

Inside my body are tiny organisms(the building blocks)that make me who I am. These "Lego's" are so tiny you can't see them with the naked eye. My building blocks have somehow mysteriously gotten lost. They have been scattered and now my foundation has crumbled. I am no longer a strong structure. My system is weak without the right building blocks. I suffer because my Lego's have disappeared. 


The red building blocks(red blood cells)are the most needed for a healthy, strong structure. There aren't enough of those left anymore. 


The white building blocks(white blood cells)are the ones that keep my foundation together. Some of them are missing.


Without these red and white "building blocks" pieces won't fit together to make the perfect structure. What once was a beautiful architectural design is now a hollow shell. I am no longer picture perfect, only the  negative of who I once was.

1 comments:

  1. That's a creative way of bringing the analogy across, Debra. I hadn't thought of things along those lines.

    I used to like playing with lego when I was a kid.

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by. Have a humor-filled day!