Subscribe Twitter

My Health Focus Mascot: Courageous Caterpillar

Tuesday, April 24, 2012
                   Courageous Caterpillar 


Today's HAWMC prompt: Health Mascot. Give yourself, your condition, or your health focus a mascot. Is it a real person? Fictional? Mythical being? Describe them. Bonus points if you provide a visual!


Fibromyalgia already has a mascot which is a purple butterfly. I love the symbol and I thought about using a purple butterfly as my mascot, but I decided to make my fibro mascot a colorful, courageous caterpillar. My mascot represents my journey with fibromyalgia. A caterpillar goes through a metamorphosis before it becomes a beautiful butterfly. That is how my life is with fibromyalgia. I feel as if I am going through a health metamorphosis and one day I will become a beautiful butterfly free from pain. 

1 comments:

  1. Mine has something of a historical association that I've come to appropriate. Churchill called his depression his black dog. I liked that, so I've come to think of it that way.

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by. Have a humor-filled day!