Subscribe Twitter

Learned the Hard Way

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Today's HAWMC prompt:  Learned the Hard Way. What’s a lesson you learned the hard way? Write about it for 15 minutes today.






I am one of "those" people who always learn the hard way. I tend to make the same mistakes over and over and never get it right. It's the same with my health and the lesson I've learned to hard way. I know what my health risks are, but I don't listen to my body. I listen with my mind. I know I shouldn't feel my body with junk, but I do anyway. Now, I am paying the price with a worn out, broke down body.



I've never been good at learning lessons. I have to literally be hit on the head to get it. I know when something isn't right or good for me, but I forgo any thought to the consequence. I throw caution to the wind with abandon. I know I will suffer, but at the time I disregard any lessons I need to learn.


Time is not on my side when it comes to the lessons I should have learned throughout my fifty plus years. I still have to be hit on the head when it comes to learning lessons about my health. I can't go a day without caffeine, knowing it poisons my system. I can't go a day without stuffing junk food into my mouth. Becoming a healthy person is a lesson I will learn the hard way if I'm not dead first(please hit me on the head a few times and I might just learn a thing or two.)

3 comments:

  1. Carole said...:

    Hey, don't beat up on yourself. Just accept you will never be perfect - or at least not overnight and concentrate on just one little change at a time. Maybe one less coffee a day for the next few weeks or leaving a par t of each bad food on your plate rather than eating it all. I took that approach 3 years ago and am now a lot lighter without really doing much at all - and without keeping on beating myself up. Good luck

  1. Sela Toki said...:

    I'm a lot like you Debra. Hard headed when it comes to making changes that can benefit my health especially. I have a sweet tooth like no other. I'm lucky my body is still good to me. I need to be good to it though because I do feel like I'm running out of time. Thanks for sharing.

  1. I tend to be stubborn and hard headed at times too.

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by. Have a humor-filled day!