Subscribe Twitter

A Perfect Day

Saturday, April 14, 2012
Today's HAWMC prompt is   My Dream Day. Describe your ideal day. How would you spend your time? Who would you spend it with? Have you had this day? If not – how could you make it happen?


I thought today's prompt would be difficult for me to write, but I was wrong. I'm going to start with how I would want my ideal day to be and then tell about my perfect day.


My ideal day would be a day without any pain, but I know that day will never exist. Instead I want to tell you about the perfect day I had instead.


My day started out as usual. I woke up, got on my computer, posted a few blog posts and went about my morning. Nothing unusual about my daily routine, but today was different than usual. Today we had my grandson's belated birthday party and afterwards my husband suggested we go see my sons. You're probably thinking what's so different about that.


What you don't know and what made today a perfect day for me is I haven't seen my two son's in over a year. We had a fallout and bad feelings passed between us. Today all was forgotten and forgiven. It was a perfect moment in a perfect time. I forgot about my disease and my pain. Just seeing my boys and hugging them was more than a mother could ask for. I hope for more perfect days. Maybe even one without pain.

2 comments:

  1. That's good for you, Debra!

    I'd say sitting on a cliffside overlooking Whitefish Lake in Algonquin, feeling the breeze at my face. It's a place I go to for serenity.

  1. Sela Toki said...:

    My husband has severe gout and he is in pain every single day. I understand your wishing for a day without pain. So glad you and your two sons have mend the fall outs. Time is so precious for all of us. Especially families. Thank for sharing this post.

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by. Have a humor-filled day!