Subscribe Twitter

Purpose

Thursday, April 12, 2012



Day 12 HAWMC prompt: Stream of Consciousness Day. Start with the sentence “_______”just write, don’t stop, don’t edit. Post!

Some days I wonder why I am really here. What purpose do I serve? Am I suppose to life my life to the fullest? Am I suppose to help those who need help? I have no answers to my questions or any reasoning to my purpose.

I know I serve a purpose, if I didn't I wouldn't be here. I guess one purpose I serve is to help others overcome their pain. I am a writer and I serve in that purpose. My words flow on paper easily. The words I spew forth are from years of going through agony and pain. It helps me serve the purpose of being able to forget and forgive. It helps me give purpose to my being.

I'm almost 52 and still I do not know my real purpose on this vast earth. Was I put here to serve or to help? Was I put here to be proactive or meek? What does God expect of me?

I serve Him. He is my master. My purpose in that is to glorify Him in all I do. I sometimes don't understand the purpose of suffering. Does it make me a better or a bitter person? Is my purpose to go through life complaining or rejoicing?

I am here and whatever my purpose I plan to fulfill it come what may. The Lord saw fit to give me life and in that He gave me purpose.

My body may be twisted with pain, but my mind is sharp and my soul is thirsty.... the purpose of my life is....

1 comments:

  1. I sometimes think that the answer to that question from me would have to be ...to amuse.

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by. Have a humor-filled day!