Subscribe Twitter

Six Sentence Story: How Sweet It Is

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Today's HAWMC prompt: Six Sentence Story. In this day of micro-blogging – brevity is a skill worth honing. Can you tell a story and make it short and sweet? What can you say in six sentences. Check out some here: http://sixsentences.blogspot.com/


The plumb, brown juicy figs burst in my mouth. The juice ran down my chin. I couldn't believe my luck. I found a fig tree just sitting in the middle of nowhere over-loaded with ripe, ready to pick figs. The juicy tidbits beckoned to be picked and plucked into my mouth. I popped another juicy fig into my mouth and continued down the road to Heaven.

6 comments:

  1. Judith C Evans said...:

    Sounds divine! I've never eaten a fig fresh from the tree, but after reading your post, I sure hope to someday!

  1. As a writer who's main problem is being too wordy, which means I have to spend far too much time editing and deleting many of the "golden" words I write, I truly understand the skill that goes into telling a good, interesting story in a succinct manner.

    You did just that, Debra! Great job! You really made me taste that fig! :D

  1. shelly said...:

    Heavenly figs and plums.

  1. Melanie said...:

    Love it! Figs are in a class by themselves.

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by. Have a humor-filled day!