Subscribe Twitter

Writer

Sunday, April 15, 2012


Today's HAWMC prompt:  Writing with Style. What’s your writing style? Do words just flow from your mind to your fingertips? Do you like handwriting first? Do you plan your posts? Title first or last? Where do you write best?

I love today's prompt. I get to talk about writing and my particular style of writing. Do I really have a particular style? I don't think so. My writing style is eclectic.

I have always felt my ability to write is a God-given talent. No doubt He gave the words that flow from my soul.

My words flow without any concrete thought. I used to write pen to paper more than fingers to keys. I still occasionally will write long-handed if the writing mood strikes.

In writing I keep long hours. I have no set time. I write when inspired or I want to make a point. Do I write to suit the title or wait until I've said what I wanted to say? I guess it depends on the mood of my writing. Usually the title comes first.

Are my posts planned? That depends on what is going on with my writing. Some months are structured  to fit a theme. Other times I will write a post on a whim.  This month my posts are structured as I am involved in a few writing projects. Since I have six blogs I try to post on each one monthly. This month I've been lax and only devoted myself to three.

Where do I write best? I like to be alone. I don't like any distractions. My computer is in my bedroom, so all of my writing is done in there or in the bathroom.

My writing style is who I am. I am not a structured writer. I guess I am a "by the seat of your pants" writer. I am one who writes when the mood strikes. Some months you may not even see a post from me. Who knows?

9 comments:

  1. Judith C Evans said...:

    Your post is a wonderful reminder that God is the true source of creativity. I can definitely relate to the "unstructured" aspect of your writing method, too. Great post!

  1. Thanks for sharing your writing style too! So often our effort is such a message in a bottle,tossed off with unknown effect.
    Russell

  1. Teamarcia said...:

    Haha! We are seat of the pants writing mates! I'm afraid we're also menopause mates, ; )

  1. Diane Carlisle said...:

    My style is swell and burst. I think all day long about how to improve one thing or another, even my writing. Once a topic settles with me, I birth it like a small child. I feed it with everything I know about it in a burst of passion, until it is done (blog entries only, I'd be shocked if ever I could finish my novel in the same manner).

    When done writing a post, I go back and cut out all the word choices I made which make me seem smarter than I am. While doing this, I find all the glaring mistakes and correct them. Then I use spell check in my word processor.

    My third pass is used to scan for the letters "you" and I check to make sure I've not confused "your" and "you're" and "it" and "it's".

    Etc, etc.

    That's my style and I'm sticking to it!

    Fun post.

  1. I write best on my own, but I have to have music playing while I write, and what plays depends on what I'm writing.

  1. Sela Toki said...:

    What a delightful post. I guess everyone has their own writing style. I'd hate that anyone would want to change my style of writing.

    To each their own. We've been blessed with our own creativity and that's the beauty of being a writer. Being true to who you are.

    I love that blogging has introduced me to so many incredible writers that I couldn't have gotten the chance to know, had I not been a blogger. Ones like you. Thanks for sharing.

  1. Anonymous said...:

    This is very interesting, You're a very skilled blogger. I have joined your rss feed and look forward to seeking more of your magnificent post. Also, I've shared
    your site in my social networks!
    Here is my site ; uneven skin tone

  1. Anonymous said...:

    I couldn't resist commenting. Exceptionally well written!
    Visit my homepage ... adult acne

  1. Anonymous said...:

    I visit everyday a few web sites and blogs to read posts, but this webpage offers feature based articles.
    Also visit my blog post - www.face2face.me

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by. Have a humor-filled day!