Subscribe Twitter

Eat, Drink and Be Fit!

Monday, May 14, 2012

This is National Women’s Health Week. The topic I want to share with you today is nutrition. Healthy eating is very important to a menopausal woman. If you eat willy-nilly you'll become a roly-poly.


Don't get me wrong, it's O.K. to be a big, beautiful woman....but not over-weight and out-of-shape. I know, because I'm a roly-poly.

Before I turned 40, I threw caution to the wind. I didn't care about my body or being healthy. I wanted to eat and drink what I wanted, not what my body needed. Now my 50+ body is paying the price of years of being a willy-nilly eater.

Proper nutrition is important for a woman of any age, but especially for older, menopausal woman. As our bodies get older and we lose key nutrients we need to stay on top of the food pyramid. It's important to eat a balanced diet and get plenty of exercise.

I have to admit I've let myself go during my menopausal state, but it really isn't an excuse NOT TO BE HEALTHY!

Remember, healthy is as healthy does and if you want to be healthy then you have to do healthy.

Think of menopause as your friend and not your enemy on the road to a healthy lifestyle.

Move to the groove
Eat to be fit, not fat
Never say never
Overweight is overburdened
Play with your grandkids
After eating exercise
Understand your body
Salt-free
Enjoy the new you



I understand, a lot of women can not lose the weight because of certain health conditions...this is geared toward the menopausal woman who want to lose weight and get fit and healthy.



2 comments:

  1. weight loss said...:

    This tip of food is best for good health and diet this food plan especially for dieters .
    after reading this awesome article i am too cheerful to share my knowledge here with colleagues.

  1. I don't cook a lot for myself, but I'm very conscious of getting a proper and varied diet of food, along with exercise, to stay healthy.

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by. Have a humor-filled day!