Subscribe Twitter

Menopause, Mental Health and Me

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Join me for the Mental Health Month Blog Party

Follow @apahelpcenter on Twitter for updates about the blog party and mind/body health. If you want us to easily find your blog or tweet, use the hashtag #mhblogday

Post an “I’m Blogging for Mental Health” 2012 badge on your blog and help proudly spread the word about the importance of mental health. Just copy and paste the badge code below into your post on May 16 (or even before or after the blog party day)

Today I am blogging for mental health, so I thought I would talk about menopause, mental health and me. 

When I begin to inch forward into the land unknown, I really didn't know what to expect. I grew up in a time when women didn't talk about menopause or mental health. I knew what it was and how it affected the women around me and I didn't want any part of it!

When I thought about menopause I knew about the hot flashes and moodiness that I would experience, but I had no idea mental health would become a major issue associated with menopause.

I've been menopausal for a couple of years and have had my fair share of mood swings, but it has become much more than an occasional thing. I've been bombarded with the onset of depression and anxiety. I don't like the new me. I don't like depression or anxiety. I don't LIKE menopause. 

There are now a lot of days when I can't function, when I want to stay hidden away under the covers. Life is no longer fun with this new me. I try to deal, but still...I feel lost among a sea of mental health issues I can't resolve.

If you are menopausal and feel depressed or anxious (or any other mental health issue) don't hesitate to get help. You're not alone...









4 comments:

  1. Sarah Marie said...:

    Wow great blog! I can totally relate to not wanting to get out of bed. Hang in there, I know it's hard but you can do it! :)

  1. Depression's a hard thing to cope with. Having it as a result of that only adds onto it, I would think.

  1. Stress relief said...:

    People should more aware about mental health. We are facing stress almost every day and almost around every corner. Main point is to stay calm and positive!

  1. anxious girl said...:

    What a great blog, my mum's experiencing menopause and found this blog very helpful xx

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by. Have a humor-filled day!