Subscribe Twitter

“Paint It Purple” Blog Carnival

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Hey bloggers! Help us kick raise awareness about violence against women during our ‘Paint It Purple’ campaign by contributing a blog post to our The “Paint It Purple” Blog Carnival
Just send us your “Paint It Purple” blog post via the submission form below by no later than 20 November 2012. Our Blog Carnival will be featured and shared via our social media channels on the last day of the campaign (24 November 2011).
Don’t know where to begin? Here are the topics relevant to the campaign:
Topic 1: Tell us why you support the cause to end violence against women. It could be your personal experience as a survivor. It could be your personal experience as an active bystander who helped a woman in your life escape the violence. It could just be your opinion about the issue.
Topic 2: Share your “Paint It Purple” experience. If you have thrown a “Paint It Purple” party, baked special “Paint It Purple” cupcakes to raise funds for us and your local VAW nonprofit or donated “Paint It Purple” cupcakes to your local women’s shelter, share your story and your pictures (and recipe!) with us.
Topic 3: If you are a man… Share with us why you feel that violence against women needs to end and your views about how men and boys can step up to help stop the violence.
I am participating by sharing my story of survival. 

In 1979 I met my first husband. I was 18, he was 19. I had a four month old baby. I married him, not for love,but for stability. Our live together wasn't a picnic. We stayed together seven years and had three children together. I WAS ABUSED! 

Live with X wasn't picture perfect. I won't go into details, because it is in the past. Today, I am talking about my survival. I left X after 7 years. I met my second husband when I was 25. We've been together 26 years. We argue, but no abuse.

Did I forgive my 1st husband? Yes I did, in fact we are now friends.

For some abused women moving forward is not easy. It took me 26 years to forgive. I never forgot what X did to me, but I did forgive him.



1 comments:

  1. It's good that you could bring yourself to forgive.

    I'm coming at this from a slightly different angle. I've been the subject of emotional abuse, and it's been from within the family. The abusers are my sisters, and whether or not I can ever forgive them is a question I can't answer yet.

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by. Have a humor-filled day!