Subscribe Twitter

HAPPY VALIUMTINE'S DAY

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Yes, you read the title of my blog post correctly. As a 52 year old menopausal women I have no interest in candy(unless it's a lot of chocolate),flowers(bleeding hearts only please) or cards(give me a card with Maxine on  the front).

This year my gift of choice would be a bottle of heart-shaped Valium. My nerves are on edge, I have lost interest in all personal activities, so hubby dear do not shower me with love gifts this year, just go to the corner drugstore and pick up my 'candy' of choice this year and I'll be your Valentine. Happy Valentine's Day...whatever that means?



Disclaimer: I do not by any means condone the use of prescription drugs.

13 comments:

  1. shelly said...:

    You're so funny. I'd like to quit my day job for starters. That would relieve me of some stress. Hubby says 'no'. Not until, I've got two books published making money that way.

    Anyway, add menopause to that mix.

  1. Heather M said...:

    Hey!!! Thank you so much for stopping by my little blog!!! Im excited to follow you!! I hope you have a great Valentines!!

  1. Emphasis on "a lot of chocolate?"

  1. Valium! Yes! That sounds like a gift I could use, too, after shivering through the night as I lay soaking wet in a puddle of night sweat. When does it end!!!!!!!!!!

  1. Deb said...:

    I sadly won't be getting anything for Valentine's Day. You can read about it at
    http://www.debclaxton.com/1/post/2012/02/only-the-lonely-being-single-on-valentines-day.html
    and feel better about your day

  1. Diane Carlisle said...:

    Valium is good! :D

    Chocolate is bad! :O

    I can't lose that extra 5 pounds. lol

  1. MikiHope said...:

    Cute! Unfortunately Valium works opposite on me--it makes me crazy instead of calming me down. I am not menopausal anymore-but with looking for a job I am under a lot of stress (how will I ever pay my bills?) and could certainly use SOMETHING!!

  1. Sofia said...:

    I have never had Valium before...hmm...I don't even celebrate Valentine's but wish you a relaxed one!

  1. TaMara Sloan said...:

    Something to relieve stress sounds wonderful today. I have 4 girls who think Valentine's Day ranks up there with Christmas for excitement. Ugh!

    TaMara at Tales of a Pee Dee Mama

  1. Tonya Tolliver said...:

    lol love this post! btw following you
    from the Thursday Cafe Hop! Please hop
    by my blog and return the follow!:0)

  1. Angela said...:

    I wished you would have let my husband in on where to buy the heart shape Valium! The chocolate he found!

    This is my first time visiting your blog, but I am so glad that I found it. Cute post...

  1. Pinkoddy said...:

    You have found a good man there if he actually gets you what you want.

    Visiting via Thirsty for Comments.

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by. Have a humor-filled day!