Subscribe Twitter

Stand Up For Mental Health Campaign

Tuesday, March 12, 2013
general-300x250


"I'm Standing Up For Mental Health"

Join the Stand Up for Mental Health Campaign...

Hello,
I did something important to help people affected by mental illness. I joined the STAND UP FOR MENTAL HEALTH campaign. The campaign’s mission is to end the shame, the discrimination and mental health stigma that people with a mental illness and their loved ones face every day.
Did you know that 1 in 4 people are living with a mental illness at any given time? That’s 46 million Americans!
I hope you’ll join me and help spread the word that intolerance and mental health stigma are just plain wrong. Find out what you can do:
http://www.healthyplace.com/stigma/stand-up-for-mental-health/stand-up-for-mental-health-campaign/
I appreciate your help. 
Thanks,
Debra


5 comments:

  1. Wow, I didn't realize that the statistics were so high!

  1. Jaime Nicole said...:

    This is such an important issue. Thank you for raising awareness!

  1. I think Mental Illness needs more awareness. Thank you for sharing.

  1. Thank you for helping raise awareness about this issue! Going to had over to the website to see if there is anything I can do!

  1. It's something I live with each day. And mine's manageable. There's such a stigma about it, from the depression that I've got to the more high-concern mental illnesses. It can be hard to talk about.

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by. Have a humor-filled day!