Subscribe Twitter

#HAWMC Day 6- Dear Fibromyalgia

Monday, April 8, 2013

HAWMC Day 6: Prompt

Write a letter to an older you (tell us what age you’re writing to!). What do you want to ask yourself? What lesson do you want to make sure you remember?

OR

 Write a letter to your condition – what do you want to get off your chest?


Dear Fibromyalgia,

It all started when I was 15. I kissed the wrong boy and caught Mono. I didn't think much about it until almost 40 years later my body is riddled with pain. Why do you have to exist? Why do you have to take a once healthy body and turn it into something ugly and unnatural? 

I don't understand how you can even be a part of me? All I did was what any 15 year old girl would do. I kissed a boy and now I have to kiss my life away  and live in constant agony.

It's not fair what you have done to me. Yes, I do have good days, but mostly bad. Today, I gave my husband the wrong medicine because I was in a brain fog. 

I don't like you. In fact, I detest you!

Without love,

Debra

2 comments:

  1. Laura Smith said...:

    p.s. Why can't you let us have more good days than bad instead you make rules that are the total opposite? Can't you at least let us have good days when we have no choice but to complete something or go to something important? Can't you at least make everyone understand that you are real???

  1. That's one way of dealing with the disease...

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by. Have a humor-filled day!