Subscribe Twitter

THE HEALTH ACTIVIST WRITER'S MONTH CHALLENGE 2013 Day 1 (April 1) – Getting Started!...#HAWMC

Monday, April 1, 2013


This is my 2nd year participating in HAWMC. Not much as changed in my life since I first began writing about my heath.

For day 1 the prompt is Day 1 (April 1) – Getting Started!
Why you write –
tell us a little bit about why you write about your health online and what got you started.
Why HAWMC?
This is our third year of the Health Activist Writer’s Month Challenge –
why did you get involved this year? Are you a newbie to #HAWMC or a veteran?

So I will tell you why I write. I didn't start out writing about my health, it happened by accident. I'm a writer and decided to start blogging a few years ago. I was also going through menopause and needed a release outlet. I started this blog High Heels and Hot Flashes to add a little humor to menopause, but somewhere along the way my health got involved. I wanted to share with my readers the the ups and downs of fibromyalgia. There are days when I can't write or just want to turn off, but by sharing my story on this blog and online I can help other's who are going through the ups and downs.

Why did I choose HAWMC? There is no one reason. I love the sharing with others and the message of HAWMC.

1 comments:

  1. This would certainly be a contrast, spending the month doing this, to the A-Z madness currently going on...

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by. Have a humor-filled day!