Subscribe Twitter

Blog For Mental Health 2013

Thursday, May 16, 2013

It is once again time for me to blog about mental health. Because this week is National Women's Health Week, I always choose to blog about mental health. This is my second year to participate and it's a great venue to spread the word about mental illness.

The rules are pretty simple:


1.) Take the pledge by copying and pasting the following into a post featuring “Blog for Mental Health 2013″.
I pledge my commitment to the Blog For Mental Health 2013 Project.  I will blog about mental health topics not only for myself, but for others.  By displaying this badge, I show my pride, dedication, and acceptance for mental health.  I use this to promote mental health education in the struggle to erase stigma.
2.) Link back to the person who pledged you.
You can consider this an open pledge, so feel free to link to A Canvas Of The Minds and this post!
3.) Write a short biography of your mental health, and what this means to you.
This year mental health has become a staple in my life. A few months ago I found out my youngest daughter was dying from AIDS. She moved back home and is on hospice. The toll of her illness has brought about many mental illness challenges for myself. I have become depressed to the point I find myself not wanting to get out of bed. I have gotten to the point where I just don't care. I feel overwhelmed and overburdened. 
4.) Pledge five others, and be sure to let them know!
My Perfectly Imbalanced Life – Mental Health Blog Day…Shine the light
Motherhood Unadorned – Just Keep Swimming
Good Girl Gone Redneck –  Mental Health Blog Day #mhblogday
As mentioned above, if you happen upon this without being pledged, we still pledge you.  Feel free to take the pledge!  Promote awareness!

3 comments:

  1. Ruby Tuesday said...:

    I'm so sorry to read about the many challenges you're facing in your life right now. Challenge actually sounds like a weak, hollow word to me for what you are going through. But I am grateful to you for taking this pledge, spreading awareness, and (most importantly) refusing to let yourself be taken down mentally. You are a strong, beautiful woman, and I'm so happy you have chosen to add your voice to this campaign.

    For your readers, all the official information to make sure they're added to our blogroll as well can be found here: Blog For Mental Health 2013 | A Canvas Of The Minds.

    My very best to you and yours.

  1. I just took the pledge myself and I’m now visiting my comrades blogging for mental health.

    I look forward to reading more of your posts. Perhaps we can encourage each other.

  1. After all of this is done, talk to your clergy. Or to a therapist. You're going to need that. Therapy's helped me, and with this, it can do the same for you.

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by. Have a humor-filled day!