Subscribe Twitter

What's Up Wednesday

Wednesday, August 21, 2013
What’s Up Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Erin L Funk and Jaime Morrow, and the idea is to let other bloggers know where you are with any writing and reading goals you may have. 

I'm excited! This is my first week to participate and I can't wait to jump in and share.

What I'm reading:
I am reading Hopelifter by Kathe Wunnenburg. Although, I haven't started reading this book, it's the next  book on my list. Hopelifter shows you how to creative comfort to ease another's pain.

What I'm writing:
I recently started writing again. I lost my youngest daughter to an AIDS related illness in May and I stopped writing. Recently, I was given the opportunity to write a three articles for Healthline. So what I'm writing: three articles about menopause.

What else I've been up too:
I've been trying to get back to normal. I've been withdrawn into my own world. I'm still angry and it's hard for me to get back on track. I'm trying to forge forward and work the kinks out. 


What inspires me right now:
The one thing that inspired me right this minute is my nine year old special needs grandson. I guess he's the main reason I try to keep going forward. If I didn't have him in my life, I would be lost upon a sea of despair without a compass.




5 comments:

  1. Fida Islaih said...:

    I'm sorry for your loss. I'm glad you've found inspiration in a loved one!

  1. Alison Miller said...:

    I am so sorry for your loss and I can't even imagine how angry and hurt you must feel. So glad that you're moving forward and writing again. And that you have new found inspiration in your grandson! I hope you have a great week! And so glad you are posting with WUW!!!

  1. Colin Smith said...:

    So sorry about your youngest daughter, Debra. I can't imagine what you've been going through. It must be tough getting on with life after something like that, but good for you for picking back up with your writing. I hope that, and your grandson, continue to help you keep going.

    All the best to you! :)

  1. Carrie-Anne said...:

    Very sorry to hear about your tragic loss. I hope you're able to get your bearings back and come to some type of healing, even if one never really fully heals from something so profound. Take all the time you need to grieve, and may you find the strength to continue on.

  1. After everything, it's understandable that you'd feel angry. It's good that you have a grandson that can give you some focus.

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by. Have a humor-filled day!