Subscribe Twitter

#NHBPM Nov. 5: Election Day! Meet President Debra Elliott

Tuesday, November 5, 2013
I don't really like to discuss politics on my blog, but when today's #NHBPM topic came up, I wanted to share my thoughts.

#NHBPM Nov. 5: Election Day!
Votes are in-you won! If you got elected President, what are the 3 changes you would make to healthcare?


Already in my state almost 90,000 people have lost their health coverage because of ObamaCare and thousands are uninsured(including myself). It's a tragedy and in reality I wish I were president.

These are my 3 changes to healthcare:

1. I would make health care affordable to all but not at the expense of others. There are ways to have affordable healthcare within all the hoopla surrounding the current bill. Every American does deserve affordable healthcare but when you start threatening people or people lose their insurance it isn't something for all the people. Our country was built on the premise of 'We the People'. Healthcare reform needs to have the voice of all the people.

2. Mammograms would be free. It's important to me that all women have the opportunity to get a mammogram. Live is fragile and if one woman's life can be saved because of a mammogram, then the test should be free.

3. Better research/tests for silent killers of women. Ovarian cancer is a silent killer and many women don't know they have it until it's too late. If research and testing were better and of lower cost then maybe women's lives could be saved.

I'm not one to get on my soapbox on my blog, but in reality changes to healthcare do need to be made. Women do need better healthcare and those women who can't afford healthcare need the most help. 

1 comments:

  1. It is a mess....

    Universal health care here actually works pretty well. There are snags, from time to time- a simple fact with any system designed by people, but it's fair.

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by. Have a humor-filled day!