Subscribe Twitter

#NHBPM Nov. 6: Say WHAT?!

Wednesday, November 6, 2013



#NHBPM Nov. 6: Say WHAT?! 
What’s the most ridiculous thing you've heard about your health condition? Was there any context? What did you think at the time you heard it – and what do you think of it now?

I have fibromyalgia and the most ridiculous things I keep hearing about my disease is "it's all in your head". People can say some of the stupidest things. If you don't look sick, then you must not be sick or you don't look like you're in pain. 

Because people don't understand fibromyalgia it hurts when I hear these things. If they could only go one day on my shoes then they would understand and not judge. 


2 comments:

  1. Laura Smith said...:

    I also have fibro and chronic fatique plus a bunch more. One of our friends says this to me everytime I see her and yes it hurts, most of the time I avoid her. What are we suppose to look like??

  1. Not that I would know, but I imagine if my idiot ex-brother-in-law were to know of my depression, he'd go out of his way to be condescending and insulting.

    There are too many people who think that, if you don't look sick, you're not sick.

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by. Have a humor-filled day!