Subscribe Twitter

It''s Time for a Change-#healthy #change

Saturday, January 11, 2014
For the past few months my life has been hectic. I lost my youngest daughter in May, my health deteriorated, and I was working. Stress overtook my mind and body and let myself go. Over the course of several months I gained a lot of weight. A few months ago I weighed 250 pounds, which according to my BMI is obese. Well, I weighed myself today and I'm down to 235. I'm not sure how I lost 15 pounds in a month or so(probably a combination of being sick and giving up soda's). 

Anyway, my BMI is still high:
Height: 5 feet, 10 inches
Weight: 235 pounds
Your BMI is 33.7, indicating your weight is in theObese category for adults of your height.
For your height, a normal weight range would be from 129 to 174 pounds.
People who are overweight or obese are at higher risk for chronic conditions such as high blood pressure, diabetes, and high cholesterol. 

So, I need to lose about 70 pounds to get where I want to be. I have a few strategies in mind. I've given up soda's and drink water and healthy drinks now. I'm eating better and lighter. I'm also trying a few different programs to jump start my weight loss adventure.

Once I hit my desired weight on 165, I plan to stick to a 1600 calorie a day healthy eating plan.

Be sure to check back monthly for my progress.


7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.
  1. Melanie Bruce said...:

    Good luck with your goals, Debra! I hope to make 2014 healthier, too!

  1. Debra you have had a hard year. Congrats on getting back on track. I also have been trying to lose weight and just started a new routine. One thing I did was get a Soda Stream (I'm not affiliated with them). This helped me kick the soda habit because I still craved the bubbly and now I do get it. ~Hugs!

  1. shelly said...:

    Good for you. I gave up white and processed food along with sugar and sodas a while ago. It's help me cope with Hashiamoto's and Epstien Barr.

  1. Diane Carlisle said...:

    Good luck, Debra! May 2014 bring you some joy. You deserve it.

  1. It's been a hard, hard year for you.

    Exercise, of course, is also a good way to trim down. And it doesn't have to involve a gym. A good walk each day can work wonders.

  1. Good for you, Debra! <3

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by. Have a humor-filled day!