Subscribe Twitter

Rock The Red Pump: National Women and Girls HIV/AIDS Awareness Day (NWGHAAD) #RocktheRedPump!

Monday, March 10, 2014
The Red Pump Project


It saddens me today as I write this post for Rock The Red Pump and National Women and Girls HIV/AIDS Awareness Day (NWGHAAD), my daughter passed away two months after I wrote my post last year. She died May 27th, 2013 in my arms. She knew what her fate was, she sealed it when she had unprotected sex. My daughter didn't want to face the reality of her situation. She refused to take her medication. My daughter had choices, but she chose to ignore. It wasn't that she was ignorant, she was stubborn and proud.

This is a picture of my beautiful daughter taken on Mother's Day 2013, just a few weeks before she died. She died in agony, no amount of pain medication could stop the cruelty of AIDS.
DON'T LET THIS BE YOU!
I loved my daughter, but could not protect her. She came home to die. If you have a lost daughter, please share my story with them. A parent should never go through the agony and cruelty of losing their daughter to such an ugly disease. Don't shun or belittle your daughter if she has HIV or AIDS. Be a shoulder to lean on, arms to hold, and a heart that loves unconditionally. You loved your daughter for nine months while she was in your womb without question, so if your daughter is sick, show her the same tender loving care as if she were still protected. DON'T LET PRIDE or ANGER GET in the WAY!

I watched as my beautiful little girl faded into nothing before my eyes. I changed her, fed her(when she would eat), cleaned up throw-up, gave her medication, and my patience wore thin. I became angry and hostile with myself. Watching your daughter die is never easy. It's heartbreaking. 

As a parent you can take a stand against HIV/AIDS and make a difference! #RocktheRedPump!
AIDS/HIV

1 comments:

  1. Time goes on, but the grief never goes away... and no parent should have to bury their child.

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by. Have a humor-filled day!