- The Pink Pumpkin Patch Foundation was created to aid in the fight against breast cancer.
- To be part of the foundation, pumpkin growers commit to give a percentage of proceeds from every pink pumpkin they sell to the foundation.
- Growers purchase their seed and plant their pumpkins.
- Once they harvest and sell their pumpkins, they donate a percentage of their sales to the foundation.
- Go to the Bake it Happen website to get access to one or two of the celebrated recipes (the recipes are from a mother and cook who unfortunately died of breast cancer—the inspiration for the popular food blog: My Judy the Foodie.
- Participants are encouraged to bake the recipe and share it with anyone in their lives throughout the month of October.
- Every time a recipe is baked/shared, participants take a photo and either upload it to Facebook (or social media of their choice) or email it with the hashtag #bakeithappen.
- Each time a picture is taken and shared, an anonymous donor will donate money to the Pink Pumpkin Patch Foundation, through Bake It Happen!
Turn October PINK with pink pumpkins and yummy goodies!